Summer Squash Pasta
Get the last of summer on your table with this easy summer squash pasta!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 2-3 medium size summer squash zucchini, yellow squash, etc
- 1 pound asparagus trimmed and cut into bitesize pieces
- 2 tbsp. oil almond, canola, etc
- 1 pound Farfalle or bowtie pasta
- 2 tbsp. Butter unsalted
- 1 tbsp. Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1/2 Pasta Water
- 8-10 Basil leaves chiffonade
- 2 Mozzarella Balls sliced
Begin by filling a large pot with water and setting over high heat to come to a boil. Meanwhile, cut the squash and the asparagus into bitesize pieces.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add squash and asparagus. Cook until veggies are just soft. Turn off heat and set aside.
Add Farfalle to the boiling water and cook according to the manufactures instructions. Once the pasta is al dente, remove about a cup of pasta water from the pot and drain the rest of the pasta.
Add butter to the bottom of the pasta pot and add the farfalle back to the pot. Toss to coat. Add salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese to taste. Add the veggies to the pasta and toss to coat. Serve in a large bowl with grilled chicken (or your protein of choice) and finely chopped basil. Enjoy!