Hello! Who’s ready for a new week?? Not this girl. I am ready for peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies though. Never, not ready. 🙂
These peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies are the bees knees. Inspired by broma bakery — she’s like my muse — but slightly different in construction and taste. She recommends using natural peanut butter in her cookies, but your girl had Jif, so guess what I used? TBH, I’m not really sure if the peanut butter *really* matters but I used what I had. I would say you could use whatever you have on hand.
I also used dark brown sugar in these cookies. Again, it’t what I had on hand and it needed to be used. So moral of the story, use what you have. Natural peanut butter, light brown sugar. Whatever.
I will say, that using light brown sugar will cause the cookies to be lighter in color (duh) rather than the deeper brown of these cookies. You may also want to go easy on the salt if you are using a peanut butter like Jif, as peanut butter’s usually contain salt as well as sugar.
So here’s what you need for the perfect Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies:
- Unsalted Butter
- White Sugar
- Dark Brown Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Chocolate Chunks
So lets chat about the chocolate chunks for a bit. I used a mix of milk, dark and semi sweet chocolate in these cookies. You, of course, can use whatever you have on hand or like the best. That’t the theme of these cookies — use what you have. In this crazy time we all can’t run out to the store just because we want to make some dang cookies right?!
Watch the time!
The final thing I will say about these cookies is to watch your time when you are baking — these cookies are easy to over bake because they are already dark (due to the dark brown sugar). So you want to watch the time in the oven. Depending on the size of your cookies, baking time should be anywhere between 10-15 minutes. Just remember, when in doubt, pull them out. 🙂
So that’s about it! I hope you enjoy these peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies! See ya soon.
Here are other recipes you might be interested in:
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar + more for rolling
- 1 cup dark brown brown sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.5 Cups Chocolate chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt plus more for sprinkling the tops
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer fit with the paddle attachment, beat the softened butter, peanut butter, white sugar and dark brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down the bowl and add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough out into 1 inch balls, dropping them 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet. Bake at 350°F for 12 minutes or until the cookies have puffed up and are set on the edges, but are still gooey in the middle. Allow to cool completely before eating!
Cookies can be frozen, prebake for up to 3 months.
Store baked cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
recipe inspired by Sarah from Broma Bakery
Leave a Reply