Hello! Welcome back — to get this week started off on the right foot, I thought you needed another banana bread recipe! Chocolate Peanut Butter banana bread to be exact. I know where all on the hunt right now for ways to use up those bananas you bought, planned to eat, then didn’t. 🙂 Plus, this banana bread has been through taste tasting trials — so you know it’s good!
So whats the secret to making good banana bread?
It’s really quite simple. Use the muffin method to combine your ingredients, bake at a moderate temperature, and load it up with trader joes mini peanut butter cups. That easy.
These little guys will change your life. You may want to buy two containers so you can eat out of one while you make this banana bread. 🙂
So back to the muffin method. I talk about it in my ‘easy banana muffin‘ post but to sum up, you mix the wet ingredients together in one bowl, then the dry ingredients together in one bowl and then combine the dry with the wet. Toss in some peanut butter cups and you’re golden.
The important thing with almost all quick bread and muffin mixtures is to not over mix the ingredients. It’s OK if there’s some flour that didn’t mix all the way in — you want less gluten so you get a finer, tighter texture in the end product.
Now, do you need to slice a banana and sink it into the top of your banana bread? No, but also yes. It’s definitely Instagram ready if you add that additional flourish.
So what do you need to make your Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana bread?
The Dry Ingredients:
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda salt
The Wet Ingredients:
- White Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Greek Yogurt (or Sour cream)
- Unsalted butter, softened
- Mashed banana, plus a ripe banana for the top
- TJ’s Mini Peanut butter cups
- Mini semi sweet chocolate chips
I bet you already have all of these ingredients in your pantry, save the mini peanut butter cups. Don’t have a trader joes near you? You can find mini reese’s cups at your grocery store or you can chop up regular size peanut butter cups. Anyway you can achieve chunks of peanut butter and chocolate in your banana bread. 🙂
So now you are ready to become instagram famous with your banana bread stack! Or you can just eat it. That works too. Hope you are well & staying healthy!
Other Banana Recipes you might like:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter Softened
- 1 1/2 Cup Mashed banana about 3 -4 large.
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 Cup Mini Peanut butter cups
- 1/2 semi sweet chocolate chips I like the mini ones
- 1 banana; sliced length wise for the top optional
- Preheat your oven to 350F and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray, line with parchment paper to that it forms a sling. Spray the parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the wet ingredients. Starting with the butter and sugars, mix until combined. Add the greek yogurt or sour cream, and eggs (one at a time). Follow with vanilla and mashed banana.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a smaller bowl, toss 2 tbsp of flour mixture with 1 cup of mini peanut butter cups. Set aside.
- Combine the wet & dry ingredients by adding all of the dry to the wet. Using a spatula, fold in the dry until just mixed. Fold in the peanut butter cups with the flour.
- Pour into prepared pan and top with remaining peanut butter cups and semisweet chocolate chips. Press sliced banana gently into the top of the bread, if using.
- Bake for 60-80 minutes, depending on your oven. I would start checking the bread around 45 minutes and add time from there. the top will be deep golden brown and the center will just be set (it may still jiggle a bit when pulled from the oven)
- Allow to cool, in the pan for 15 minutes. Then using the parchment paper sling, remove from the pan and cool on a rack until completely cool. Store in a airtight container for up to 3 days.