Hello from sunny California! Just popping in with a quick (and easy!) recipe for all your game-day dipping needs! This Roasted Cauliflower Hummus is delicious and satisfying for even those who love wings and all the other things on game days.
So all you’ll need to whip up this super easy hummus is a food processor and some simple ingredients. No need to soak chickpeas for this one as I just used a can of low sodium chickpeas to speed up the process. You can also roast the cauliflower in advance too if you want to make it even faster!
I also used some fancy spices in this hummus blend — Harissa & Za’tar spice blends — but you can use whatever you like! Lemon pepper, garlic or simple salt and pepper would be great choices!
The spices are important to the hummus, even if you are just using salt and pepper, as the chickpeas and cauliflower don’t have a lot of flavor on their own. The Tahini, or sesame paste, is also essential in this recipe. You can find it at most grocery stores near the peanut butter or in the ethnic foods aisle. You can also make your own, but that’s another post.
So I hope you get in the kitchen and whip up some fabulous things for your game day weekend — I’m on my way home from a work trip to CA so this weekend is all about R&R and this roasted cauliflower hummus. 😉
See ya next time!
Other recipes you might like:
Roasted Cauliflower Hummus
For Roasted Cauliflower:
- 1 Head of Cauliflower cored and separated into florets
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Harissa Spice Blend Optional
- 1 14 oz Can Low Sodium Chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 1 ½ Cup Roasted Cauliflower
- 1/3 Cup Oil Olive oil or similar
- ¼ Cup Tahini
- 2 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 tsp Za’tar Spice blend
- 1 tsp Harissa Spice Blend
- Salt & pepper to taste
- To roast the cauliflower, preheat your oven to 425F. Toss chopped cauliflower in oil and spices and roast on a sheet pan for 25 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- For the Hummus:
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas, cooled cauliflower, tahini, garlic and spices. Pulse to combine.
- While food processor is running, slowly add the oil to the mixture and blend until smooth or desired consistency is reached.
- Serve with Pita chips, leftover cauliflower and other veggies. Enjoy!
- To store: seal in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.