Hello! Happy 3rd of October! (On Wednesday’s we wear pink) Ya’ll, I can’t even with how fast this year has gone by. I’m super stoked though because the next few months are going to be super awesome! I love this time of year. You know what else I love? Cheddar & Chive buttermilk biscuits. Yep. You heard it here first.
These delicious bites of heaven are a take on a biscuit recipe I found while perusing Chrissy Teigen’s new cookbook “Cravings, Hungry for More” (which you can only find at Target btw…) and I knew I just needed to give these babies a try!
I love all the soft fluffy layers, and you could definitely make these biscuits twice and thick and they would be even denser. Yasss. And surprisingly, these taste like those Red Lobster Rolls that everyone raves about, so if you like those — you’ll love these!
Now, I normally make regular buttermilk biscuits on the weekends, but since I decided to jazz things up with these I think I might start making them on a regular basis for dinner and the like! I love them with my roasted corn & tomatillo chowder — talk about complementary — and I think they would go with so many other things!
They also keep surprisingly well in the fridge, which is all the better because I can make a batch on the weekend and them have them all. week. long.
So get in your kitchen and make something (these biscuits?) delicious!
Cheddar & Chive Buttermilk Biscuits
Lets get flaky with it! These amazing biscuits will be the best thing to grace your Sunday table! Inspired by Chrissy Teigen’s new cookbook, Cravings, Hungry for More you definitely need these delectable biscuits in your life!
- 2 2/3 Cups AP Flour
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Stick Cold Butter Unsalted & cut into cubes
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 2 tbsp Chopped Chives or Green Onions
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat your oven to 450 Deg F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Add cold butter and using your hands or a pastry cutter, mix butter and flour together until butter resembles small peas.
- Add Cheese and chives (or Green Onions) and mix to combine. Slowly add buttermilk and mix until the dough forms a loose dough.
- Turn out dough onto a floured surface and knead until it just comes together.
- Gently *pat* the dough into a rectangle (as thick or thin as you like your biscuits) and cut into 6-12 squares.
- Place biscuits on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, with their sides just touching, and brush with egg wash (1 egg + 1 tbsp water, whisked).
- Bake for 10-15 minutes (depending on the thickness of your biscuits) until golden brown on top. Remove and allow to cool.