Hello! Welcome to a new week! While most people dislike Mondays, I think I like them. I know. I’m weird.
I like how its an invitation to start something new, to be something different, to make different choices — its a new week! I mean, don’t get me wrong, I love the weekends and I am looking forward to it already (hello Columbus Day Weekend!) but! I always feel like I need to *earn* my weekends — anyone else? So today, we’re starting this week off right with this Apple Cider Banana Bread and calling it a win already.
So this recipe was born of wanting to combine two of my favorite fall things — I bet you can guess what they are. Cinnamon and Sugar duh. ha! Jk. Kory and I stopped by a local farmers market this weekend and in addition to eating some delicious BBQ, we picked up pumpkins, apple cider, sweet potato honey butter, and this super sweet Roster who now sits on our front porch and goes by Roary the Rooster (my husband names everything we own, don’t ask).
So I was thinking that since I bought a gallon of apple cider I was going to have to use it some how, I mean I can’t let it go to waste! So I looked around my kitchen and saw some brown bananas on the counter that needed to be used or frozen and ding-ding! Apple Cider Banana bread was born!
Lightly sweet, with a secret ingredient (Vanilla Pudding Mix) and dangerously moist, this cake is great for breakfast, its great with coffee, its great in the afternoons…its just — great! You will fall in love with this recipe and wonder why you’ve never used apple cider this way before. So getcha some and make this bread!
Apple Cider Banana Bread
- 2 Cups AP Flour
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 3.4 Oz Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Cups Ripe Bananas Mashed
- 1 Medium Apple Shredded
- 1/3 Cup Oil Canola is good
- 1/3 Cup Apple Cider
- 1/3 Cup Greek Yogurt you can use sour cream too
Cider-Cinnamon Glaze (Optional):
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. Apple Cider
- Hot water as needed
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Combine mashed bananas, eggs, oil, and yogurt in a large bowl. In a different large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and pudding mix, baking soda, spices and salt. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredient bowl and combine.
- Fold in shredded apple. Pour into greased bundt pan (this can also make two loaves but it's so much better/moist to me in the bundt pan!)
- Bake at 350, 50-55 minutes. (test with a skewer or toothpick around 50 min. Let cool slightly, flip onto another plate!)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, whisk until smooth. Add hot water as necessary until desired thickness is achieved.
- Pour over warm bread. Devour.