Hello lovelies! How are you today? Ya’ll, it’s almost friyay and I’m so stoked for the weekend. This is going to be one of those “do nothing” weekends — the ones were you lay around and binge watch harry potter? — yea, one of those. But you know, a weekend wouldn’t be complete without some baked goodies — so here they are in all their glory: Trashy Boxed Brownies aka how to make boxed brownies better.
Now, you’re probably thinking, wait — boxed brownies?! Yes, you read that right. Sometimes, you need to give yourself a break and use what the grocery store gives ya. So pick up your favorite boxed brownie mix and give this recipe a good ‘ol college try!
I can’t possibly be the only one that grew up on boxed brownies but now finds them a little lack luster, right?? But never fear, through a little ingenuity and a crap-ton of additions, those boxed brownies can be the star of the show!
I find that adding in something crunchy, something sweet, something a little bitter and a something little salty really help jazz up a brownie mix. Top it of with a chocolaty glaze and oh.my.gosh. Delish. Now, you don’t have to have all of those elements, maybe you just choose a couple to really bring your brownies to life. Regardless, these are some simple little brownie hacks to make them over the top.
So bust out your whisks and all your mix-ins and get ready to bake up some fun. These Trashy Boxed brownies are not going to disappoint!
Want more brownie recipes? Click here!
Trashy Boxed Brownies
- 1 boxed brownie mix with water, oil, and egg amounts according to package instructions
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Mini M&Ms
- 1/4 cup cocoa nibs
- 1/2 cup White chocolate chips
- 1/2 Cup Caramel Bits
- 1/2 Cup Powdered sugar
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. Unsalted Butter melted
- finishing salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and line an 13″ x 9″ pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix brownie batter according to package instructions. In addition to the water, oil, and egg amounts specified on the package, add vanilla extract, M&Ms, white chocolate, cocoa nibs. Mix well
- Pour batter into prepared pan & bake according to package instructions, making sure to use the knife test to check for done-ness.
- Remove brownies from oven and allow to cool completely.
- To make the glaze; Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, whisk until smooth. Drizzle over cooled brownies and finish with sea salt as desired.
Leave a Reply