Baking Proverb 1.6: One can never have too many cookie recipes.
I’ve never met a cookie I didn’t like. I mean, think about it. Cookies are like the gateway drug to all things baked-goods. If you can master the cookie, you can master a layer cake. Don’t believe me? Well read on young Padawan, because today we’re talking cookies, but not just any cookies — no sir (or ma’am) — but *the best* chocolate chip cookies you’ve ever had.
Big claim, I know. Now these may not be the *best* chocolate chip cookies you’ve ever had — but they’re going to come pretty darn close. There’s a secret ingredient too — but You have to promise to give these little guys a try — you do promise don’t you? Good.
What’s a secret become once you tell people? Fact? Opinion’s? hmmm…that’s a little too much thinking and not enough baking! Ha! So the secret ingredient…drum roll please…is Vanilla Pudding!
Yes that’s right my friends, on whole 3.4 oz package of vanilla puddin’ in your cookies. There’s something about it that gives extra dense-ness and sweetness to your cookie dough that’s just *ugh* so good. I also think that it helps with *spreading*, which unless you like your cookies thin and crispy (and that’s another recipe my friend) then *spreading* is all that is evil in the world when it comes to cookies.
You want a thick, densely chocolate packed, sweet cookie. Am I right?! Of course I am. So here it is in all it’s glory: the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe! Bet you can’t eat just one. 😉
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 Cup 2 Sticks Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 3.4 oz Package Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 2 Cups Chocolate Chips
- Preheat Oven to 350 deg F.
- With a mixer, combine butter with sugars and mix until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until combined. Follow with Vanilla pudding mix and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix to combine.
- Stir in Chocolate Chips
- Place 1-2 tbsp. of dough on a parchement lined cookie sheet, about 2" apart.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes (depending on size of cookie) or until golden brown on the outside. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Leave a Reply