Happy Sunday! Hopefully your weekend has been relaxing and you’re ready for the week ahead! I’m going to be taking a class for work over the next week, and I’m looking forward to it — I just know that it will be a long week! So I’m soaking up the rest of this weekend with this great recipe — Pumpkin Spice Granola! Yasss, I’ve jumped on that train. But seriously, the way your kitchen will smell while this granola is baking is heavenly. Even if you’re not a pumpkin spice fan (who are you?!) or even a granola fan, this granola is totally worth making. It’s not even super pumpkin spicyish — just the *right* amount.
It will go well with your pumpkin spice latte and your pumpkin spice pancakes while burning your pumpkin spice candles…..ha! Just kidding, you don’t have to be obsessed with pumpkin spice in order to make this granola. But it might help.
*WARNING* this granola is highly addictive! While it was cooling in the pan my husband and I kept grabbing little clusters and snacking on them. SO GOOD. It’s not super sweet — thank you honey & brown sugar. And it’s gluten free — if you’re into that.
This would also make a perfect fall gift! Just package it up in cute little glass containers and give it to your besties! Yes! In addition to toppings on breakfast and desserts, gifts and out-of-hand munching, you can also layer this granola up with some yogurt and pumpkin and voila! A delicious pumpkin spice parfait to help you enjoy this season!
Fall is soon upon us ya’ll — so I hope you are thinking about all the things you’ll be doing & eating when the weather *finally* cools down!
Happy Sunday & Happy Baking!
Pumpkin Spice Granola
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats gluten-free for GF eaters
- 1 1/2 cups Puffed Brown Rice you can also use rice krispies
- 1/3 cup pepitas roasted & salted
- 1/3 Cup Sliced Almonds
- 1/4 Cup + 2 tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ginger ground
- 1/2 tsp Allspice
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg ground
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey you can use maple syrup to make it vegan
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 250 deg F.
- Mix the oats, puffed rice, nuts, seeds, spices, and brown sugar together in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, warm the coconut oil, honey, and pumpkin puree and whisk. Pour over the dry ingredients and quickly mix with a wooden spoon.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto one large or two smaller baking sheets (or bake in two batches // adjust if altering batch size) and bake for 60 - 75 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. If you prefer chunkier granola, don’t stir as it breaks up the clusters. Instead, just rotate the pans at the halfway point to ensure even cooking.
- Once the granola is golden brown & fragrant (usually about 60 minutes), remove from oven and let cool completely. It will crisp up as it cools.
- Transfer to an airtight container. Should keep for a couple weeks. Enjoy on top of pancakes, waffles, yogurt or oats!