Hello hello! Happy Friday ya’ll! Do you have any fun weekend plans? I hope that it will stop raining and clear up for us here in alabama! I mean, today looks beautiful but you know, weather can change like *that* down here. 😀 Regardless of the weather though, it is *almost* the weekend and these cupcakes are down to get around town! This cake is just, ugh. So good! Light and soft, these graham cracker cupcakes with lime cream cheese frosting are a serious upgrade to any weekend!
I actually made some “key lime” style cupcakes a while ago for cinco de mayo, but these really take the cake. Literally. In my previous recipe, I made an almond based cupcake with lime cream cheese, but this graham cracker cake is top notch. It is literally almost all graham cracker and that gives them a light airy texture while imparting that traditional graham cracker crust you find in Key Lime Pies. Definitely a keeper!
You could also easily turn these cupcakes into s’mores cupcakes, with some chocolate ganache and a heaping pile of marshmallow frosting. Yes please!
Anyway, enough drooling, time to get baking! I have some fun fall favorites coming to ya this weekend so stay tuned & have a great Friday!
Graham Cracker Cupcakes with Lime Frosting
Graham cracker cupcakes:
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs about 30 whole crackers ground in processor
- 1 Cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. + 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Almond extract
- 1.5 cup whole milk
- 6-8 Cups powdered sugar
- 1 Package Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup 2 Sticks butter, unsalted
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Lime Extract
- 1 tsp Almond extract
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, or in your stand mixer, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add 1 egg at a time, mixing in between each one. Add vanilla
- & Almond extract and mix until combined.
- Add 1/3 of graham cracker mixture to butter mixture, then add 1/2 of milk. Continue to alternate additions, mixing in between, beginning and ending with graham cracker mix.
- Pour batter into prepared tins until about 3/4 full (it should make a little over 2 dozen). Bake around 20-22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack.
Make Lime Frosting:
- Beat butter and cream cheese together until fluffy and light.
- Add extracts and lime juice, mix to combine.
- Slowly add powdered sugar, while mixing on low speed. Once incorporated, turn up the mixing speed and beat until light and fluffy.
- Frost Cupcakes how you want & enjoy!