Hello! Welcome to a new week! I have a great recipe to start your week off on the right foot — or bowl. 😉 This healthy chicken chili is the perfect thing to whip up tonight or tomorrow and have a healthy lunch all week long! Plus, it doesn’t take long to make — a win-win in my book!
Now this recipe is kind of a hodge-podge of ingredients, which is what makes it versatile to whatever you have in the pantry! Don’t have a can of tomatoes? No problem, use salsa. Don’t have kidney beans? No worries! Use the beans you do have and it will come out just as good!
I love recipes like this, ones that you can make your own. So, I know this is just quick drop in — I’ll write more in tomorrow’s post, but it’s almost dinner time and I can hear the kitchen calling my name. 🙂
Healthy Chicken Chili
- 1 tbsp. Oil Canola
- 1 Pound ground Chicken
- 1/2 Onion Chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves chopped
- 3 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red pepper flake as desired
- 1 tsp black pepper ground
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 Jar Tomato Salsa whatever kind you like -- you can also use a 14z can of tomatoes
- 1 14 oz can Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 14 oz can Red kidney Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock
- Sour Cream and Cheese for serving
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add onion, garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add chicken and cook until browned. Add salsa, 1 cup stock, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add beans.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes more. Ladle chili into bowls and serve with sour cream, cheese and your other favorite chili toppings.
Leave a Reply