Hello! Boy oh Boy do I have a great (and super fast) recipe for you today! Red, White and Blue rice Krispy treats! The 4th of July (if you live in America) is just a eek away, so whether your BBQing, heading to see some fireworks or just taking the holiday easy, this recipe is a perfect way to get your ‘murica on.
Super fast, I whipped these baby up in about 15 minutes, and once set (about another 15minutes) you can dig right in! I got the red & blue rice Krispy cereal from my local target (on sale too!) but you can get them at and regular grocery store, or online!
Of course, I added in some extra marshmallows (duh…) and sprinkles from sweetapolita but you can use whatever you happen to have on hand to decorate these cuties — red, white and blue icing would look so good on the tops of thee stars! I also used a standard star cookie cutter to cut out my star shapes, but squares or any other shape that you like works too!
I hope you enjoy these little red, white and blue rice krispy treats and comment down below what you’ll be whipping up for the 4th of July!
See ya next time,
Other recipes you might like:
Red, White and Blue Rice Krispy Treats
- 3 Tablespoons of butter
- 1 bag regular marshmallows
- 6 Cups Rice Krispy Cereal
- 1 bag, mini marshmallows
- Sprinkles to decorate
- In a large heavy pot, melt butter over low heat. Add the bag of regular marshmallows and allow to melt, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, and using a rubber spatula, stir in rice Krispy cereal. Mix until combined. Add 1/2 the bag of mini marshmallows and stir.
- Turn out into a lightly oiled 13×9 baking pan and using your fingers, press into all four corners of the pan. Top with desired sprinkles.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before using a star cookie cutter to cut out desired shapes. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.