Happy Royal wedding day! I hope you guys are enjoying your weekend and enjoying the royal wedding and festivities!
We didn’t get up to watch the show, but of course we’re watching it after the fact. And…of course, in order to celebrate Meghan and Harry I made something! Pistachio Apricot Scones!
These scones are so delicious and so flavorful with a nutty saltiness from pistachio and a tart sweetness from the apricot both inside and on top. I also drizzled (or dumped) some vanilla glaze on top to bring it all together!
So whether your looking to celebrate the royal wedding today or your just looking for something delicious to make this weekend, check out the recipe below!
Pistachio Apricot Scones
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Pistachios, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt, if using unsalted pistachios
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom, ground
- 5 tbsp Unsalted Butter, cold & cubed
- 1 Vanilla Bean, split & seeds scraped
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Apricot, chopped
- 1 large egg + 1 tbsp heavy cream (for egg wash)
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In the bowl of your food processor, combine flour, sugar, pistachios, salt, cardamom, baking powder, Pulse to combine.
- Add cold butter and pulse until dough is crumbly. Slowly add Buttermilk and pulse a few times to bring the dough together. Turn out on to a floured surface, add chopped apricots and knead a few times.
- Pat dough into a round circle, about 12 inches wide. Using a pizza cutter, or knife, cut into 8 triangles. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
For the glaze:
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Drizzle over top of the cooled scones. Serve immediately. To store, place in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.