Hello! Happy Tuesday! How are things? Its all good over here, just recovering from the long weekend. St Augustine Florida was awesome and it was great to be able to just chill with family and not have to worry about doing too much. How was your long weekend? Did you do anything fun?Surprisingly, we didn’t get too much rain down in Florida, but it’s been raining pretty consistently here in Alabama since we got back, but that’s the south this time of year! Perhaps your getting some rainy weather where you are too, well I hope to stay dry and maybe you have some time to whip up some of these delicious, and kind of healthy(…..ok maybe not) Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Muffins! Yes please!
Now, when I was gearing up to make these beauties, I weas thinking I would just make a regular chocolate chip muffin recipe, but when I tasted the batter ( I mean, hello…how else can you tell if it’s going to be good??) it wasn’t all that sweet. You know, like cupcake sweet. And surprisingly, I was ok with that. I’m good with a deep dark rich muffin that is slightly sweet. Buttttt, lets be honest, I wanted to take it up just a bit so I got this crazy idea to stuff them with Nutella when they emerged from the oven! I know, I think of everything. You’re welcome.
So, could you make these muffins sanz Nutella?? Of course! Like I said above though, just don’t expect something super sweet to pop of the oven. Without the Nutella, these muffins are, dare I say…almost healthy. 😛 What can you do? I was just playing around in the kitchen, and we all know that’s when the best things happen. 😛
So I hope your Tuesday, that feels like a Monday, is short and your week is shorter! Enjoy these nutella stuffed chocolate chip muffins and I’ll see ya tomorrow!
Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3 cups All Purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Applesauce unsweetened
- 1/4 Cup Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt Plain
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tbsp strongly brewed coffee
- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips plus more for topping muffins
- 1/2 Cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil muffin pans or line with paper liners. I used jumbo muffins pans for this recipe, but you can use regular muffins tins.
- Use a whisk to combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Use whisk to combine all wet ingredients in a separate mixing bowl and whisk until ingredients emulsify and become uniform. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips
- Using a 1.5 inch cookie scoop, place batter into muffin pan until cups are 2/3 of the way full. If using chocolate chips, drop a couple on top of the muffin batter.
- Cook muffins for 18-20 minutes (regular muffin pans) or 25-30 minutes (jumbo muffin pans) or until a toothpick comes out of the center cleanly. Remove from pan to cool completely.
- When muffins are cool, using a knife, or a 1 inch pastry tip, remove a portion of the muffin from the center. Fill with Nutella, and place removed muffin piece back in place.
- Serve room temperature or warm & enjoy!
Leave a Reply