Hello hello and welcome to another week! Can you believe it’s almost may??? Where has 2018 gone???? Anyway, I’m off travelling again this week for work (heading to Denver CO — hey Colorado friends!) but I thought I would drop in to give you something sweet to take your mind off the fact that it’s Monday: Salted Caramel Chocolate Cookies.
Lets say that again, a little louder this time. Salted Caramel Chocolate Cookies! Oh yeaaaaa. These will definitely get your week off to a great start!
So my main motivations for making these cookies, aside from just wanting them…duh…was to try to use up the rest of my homemade Dulce de Leche that I made for these amazing Dulce de Leche sandwich cookies! I mean, I can’t let all that goodness go to waste can I???
But never fear, if you don’t have homemade dulce de leche or caramel sauce, you can just pick some up from the store on your way home from work today or order from amazon. Problem solved.
Now, aside from the need to use my Dulce de Leche up, I adore chocolate thumbprint cookies! For me, its very much a Christmas cookie swap thing — you know the peanut butter cookies with a Hershey Kiss in the center? But these are all grown up and fancy.
These aren’t really thumbprint cookies — mostly because they’re filled with salted caramel which is liquid at room temp. While you do create a duvet in the cookies while they are warm with the back of the tsp you certainly font use your thumb. 🙂
That sprinkle of sea salt is what does it! I tell you, sweet and slightly salty, it’s like a match made in heaven! Ooegy and gooey caramel surrounded by a bed of dark chocolate topped with sea salt. Ugh. I die. You must make these!
If you don’t have sea salt — never fear, kosher salt will work just fine. I would not use regular table salt, however. It would be too salty! You can also skip this step if you bought caramel sauce that is already salted. Regardless, the salt looks pretty on top and lets people know exactly what the cookies are.
So head on down below, to grab the recipe so you too can experience the greatness that are these Salted Caramel Chocolate cookies! I hope you have a fabulous week! See ya tomorrow!
looking for more cookie recipes? Find them here!
Salted Caramel Chocolate Cookies
Ooey gooey salted caramel is the perfect pairing with these chocolate cookies! Whip up a batch and watch them disappear just as quickly.
- 2 Sticks Unsalted Butter Softened
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup Dulce De Leche
- 2 tsp Course Sea Salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees F. In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add Vanilla and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking power, baking soda, and cocoa powder. Whisk to combine. Gradually add dry ingredients to butter mixture. Combine thoroughly.
- Using a teaspoon, form cookie dough into balls, flattening slightly. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and using a tsp measure, lightly press the rounded side into the warm cookies creating a divot in the center. Return to the oven and back for 3-4 more minutes. Remove and cool.
- Once cookies have cooled, add dulce de leche filling with a teaspoon to the center of each cookie. Follow with sea salt. Serve immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Leave a Reply